Last updated by Blacklite @21st Jul 2016
Our forum rules are located here:
The English version of the rules takes precedence
If there are differences in the translations of the rules on this website, the English version takes precedence.
1. Listen to and obey admins.
If an admin tells you not to do something, don't do it. Likewise, if an admin tells you to do something, do it.
2. Don't spam.
"Spamming" is any of the following things:
When you evade the spam filter to say the same thing more than once, for example:
SELL HOUSE IN LV!!!
SELL HOUSE IN LV!!!!!!
SELL HOUSE IN LV!!!!!!!!!
When you use letters or symbols excessively, for example:
SELLING HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SELLING HOUSE @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
When you type random nonsense into the chat, for example:
3. Don't attack other players without a good reason.
This rule also applies to hit contracts. Please note: "Invalid reasons to kill somebody" take precedence over "Valid reasons to kill somebody".
Valid reasons to kill somebody
- They attempted to rob your business or house, steal your car while you were inside of it, or directly caused you to lose money in some way
- They placed a hit on you, or shot at you
- There is a hit on them
- You have a mutual agreement to go to a place where there are no other people around and have a duel
- You had a valid reason to kill them, but then they suicided.
Invalid reasons to kill somebody:
- They have a hit on them from another player and you want to share the hit money with them.
- They tried to kill you while you had a hit contract but the hit contract was canceled for whatever reason.
- They arrested you or healed you - this is their job, so you cannot kill them for it.
- You had a valid reason to kill them, but then someone else got there and killed them first.
- They killed you for a valid reason. If you are killed by a player, the 'situations' between you and ALL other players at that time are OVER and you may not continue seeking revenge on anyone. This works both ways, e.g. once you have killed someone you may not chase them down and kill them again.
- If someone kills you or shoots at you for no reason, the best thing to do is take screen shots and complain about them. If you want to get revenge by placing a hit and/or killing them then this is your choice, but if you choose to do this, you are NOT allowed to complain about the situation, as you have decided to deal with it yourself.
- You are NOT allowed to seek revenge on somebody for something
that did not happen in that game month. You cannot attack someone
for something they did BEFORE the last server restart.
- You may protect a friend if you and your friend are in the same in-game group (forum group is not needed).
4. Do not use cheats.
Do NOT use ANY cheats on SACNR. Cheats are anything that give you an advantage over other players such as infinite health, teleportation, airbraking and lots more.
5. Do not use any mods except the ones listed on the website.
"Mods" include any program or installation that modifies your game in any way. Regardless of whether or not you think your mod affects other players, you are NOT allowed to use it unless it is available for download here: http://www.sacnr.com/mods
If you're not sure, ask an admin before you use the mod on our server!
6. Respect all players and admins.
You are allowed to swear and joke around, but please be considerate of others. Don't wind people up, and don't flame or insult people unnecessarily.
Also please remember this is a game on the internet, and you are likely to encounter players who do this to you. It's best to simply use the /ignore command on players who do this.
Harassment is considered to be stalking or following a single player repeatedly. If you are being harassed by another player, you can tell them to leave you alone. If they do not go away after you have asked them, you may choose to place a hit on them and/or shoot/kill them, or you can report the player to an admin using /complain. You can not shoot/hit the player AND report them, you must choose one or the other.
7. Do not advertise anything.
This includes things such other servers, "shock sites", porn websites and other game sites.
8. If you find a bug, do not abuse it.
Sometimes, exploits may be found that give you advantages over other players. If you find a bug, you should report it on the forums as soon as possible. If the bug is exploitable to a great extent, you should send a private message to an admin, or send an email to [email protected]
If you are found to be bug abusing, the advantages that you gained will be taken away. Depending on the situation, you may even have your account reset.
There are some known bugs that can not be fixed by the SACNR team. The known bugs that you may not abuse are:
- "Admin" vehicles
An admin vehicle is anything you can't get from legitimately playing the game (Rhino, hydra, hunter, invisible cars). If you find one of these vehicles, do NOT enter it. If there are no admins nearby, you should report it promptly (you can do this by PM-ing an admin or /complain the player if there is someone driving it).
- Secondary Fire
Secondary fire is when you use your "secondary fire button" to shoot, usually CTRL. This allows civilians to shoot without gaining stars and is NOT allowed.
Pausing is when you press ESC or ALT+TAB. You are allowed to pause your game, but you can not pause your game specifically to avoid something happening to you in-game.
Animation abuse is when you use animations to avoid any of but not limited to the following; drivebys, fall damage, and chainsaw damage.
9. Cops and Robbers cannot team up.
If you are a police officer, you must not co-operate in any way with a wanted player, and vice versa. The only exceptions to this are:
- Offering, accepting, and declining bribes
- Paying tickets or giving yourself up for arrest
If you are an innocent civilian, you are allowed to ride with a cop, but you can not help them do their cop work. If you want to help a cop, you can change your skin at the hospital to become one.
10. Do not quit the game to avoid anything. Ever.
If someone has placed a random hit or is deathmatching you, take screenshots and post a complaint on the forums. If you have a hit on you, you should wait until the hit has been cancelled or completed before quitting. If the hit was random, you will be able to get a refund for the medical fees you pay by posting a request on the forums. If you quit while the hit is still active and it turns out that the hit is valid, then you could be punished.
If you really need to quit:
- Kill or get away from any hitmen chasing you. Use /i $ply to make sure there's nobody nearby that might post a complaint.
- If you absolutely can't get away and you really need to quit, then your real life situation must be more important than the game. This means you will be willing to take the punishment you might receive for doing this.
11. Cops must avoid killing robbers and medics if possible, and vice versa.
If you are a cop and you are close enough to a criminal to be able to arrest them and the criminal is not firing at you, you MUST arrest the criminal. You may shoot him/her to the death if they are resistant, e.g. if they are shooting you. If you engage in a fire fight with a criminal on foot or in a vehicle, they are allowed to kill you. If a criminal does the /handsup animation, you must stop firing and arrest them.
Similarly, if a criminal can easily get away from a cop instead of killing them, they MUST do this. Criminals must NOT intentionally chase down law enforcement. For example, if you are a criminal and you destroy a cop's car, if you have means of getting away, then you must run away. You can't kill the cop if they have little chance of catching up to you. This depends on the situation, but usually you can just run away.
If you are riding in a group either in the same or different vehicles, then you may team up with your friend(s) to disable police who chase you. You may help defend a friend who is wanted, even if you are not.
12. Medics may not physically harm other players in any way.
Lowering a player's health and then healing them is called medic abuse and is not allowed.
13. Use common sense at all times.
If you don't think you should be doing something, don't do it. If you think you should do something, do it. Follow the rules. If you don't know, ask someone else. Simple.
- You are only allowed to use one account / username. You must keep your password secure, and you must not "lend" your account to anyone else.
- Holding or selling properties/money/drugs on behalf of other players is not allowed.
- You may not trade in-game money for real life money or vice versa.
- You may not sell or offer to sell donator statuses unless you are an approved donator, listed on the approved donator page on this website.
- No scamming allowed. If you offer someone a trade of any kind, both sides must honor the agreed terms of the trade.
Contributors to this page: Blacklite.