A clarification on bans for internet cafe users
- Script update - 10th Jun 2018
- Stop sharing your passwords - 20th May 2018
- House interiors + patch updates - 7th May 2018
- May 2018 Update - 5th May 2018
- Chainsaw voting - 15th Apr 2018
- Script update and Easter results. - 3rd Apr 2018
- Server balancing update - 1st Apr 2018
- Easter 2018! - 25th Mar 2018
- Scheduled downtime - 24th Feb 2018
- Command lag fixed - 19th Feb 2018
Created by Jamie at 9th Oct 2017
Over the last two years we've seen a growing problem with players in internet cafes, primarily from the Philippines, creating hundreds of accounts and ban evading, practically daily. I'm creating this post to hopefully share some info into how bans work and how internet cafes will be dealt with going forwards.
When we ban someone, we ban both the account and the IP address they're playing on, this prevents people from simply creating a new account and logging back in. Time and time again, we get ban appeals saying "Only ban account, don't ban IP" - I'm sorry to say but that's not possible, if you don't like not being able to play because one of your buddies used aimbot, maybe stop them from using aimbot? Asking for us to unban an IP and just ban an account won't change anything, so there's not a whole lot of point asking.
The future for internet cafes
Since every time a ban is made, new accounts get created from the same cafe, we'll be enforcing a new policy. While ANY account in the cafe is banned, new accounts may not be created. If accounts are found, we will assume they're ban evaders and ban them. As you can see from above, this will include anyone else playing on the IP.
Sorry it's had to come to this, but too much of our time is spent dealing with these cafes and not enough time on the rest of the players which deserve the time much more.
Feel free to post a comment if you have any questions.