May 2018 Update
- Stop sharing your passwords - 20:08:35 20th May 2018
- House interiors + patch updates - 7th May 2018
- May 2018 Update - 5th May 2018
- Chainsaw voting - 15th Apr 2018
- Script update and Easter results. - 3rd Apr 2018
- Server balancing update - 1st Apr 2018
- Easter 2018! - 25th Mar 2018
- Scheduled downtime - 24th Feb 2018
- Command lag fixed - 19th Feb 2018
- Hardware upgrade - 19th Feb 2018
Created by Potassium at 5th May 2018
We miss you. We miss having lots of players online and large groups of friends to play with, we miss having events constantly, we miss the good 20+ minute-long police chases between cars full of cops and cars full of robbers.
We understand that San Andreas is a pretty old game now, and lots of people have moved on to bigger and fancier games, but SACNR still holds a huge place in our hearts and we're not ready to say goodbye yet.
So today we bring you a different kind of update! Our development team has been working hard to implement community suggestions and come up with new ideas to hopefully bring some life back to SACNR. We've come up with some awesome new features and whole new systems which will be implemented over the next few months, but for today's update we bring you:
ACTIVE CITY ROTATION
The San Andreas map is quite large, but our player-count isn't at the moment. There are players spread out all over the map, and this makes it difficult to find other people to interact with. Today that problem is solved!
We're introducing active city rotation where one of three main cities (SF, LV, LS) will be the "active city" for an entire game week (about 3 hours in real life) before rotating to the next.
The idea is that players will all hang out in one particular city at a time, meaning that there is higher risk of being caught when robbing, police chases will be more intense, and there will be more people to interact with - which should make the game a bit more interesting!
Players can access the whole map at all times, but being in the current Active City gives a bunch of benefits, such as:
- Players with Wanted Levels 1-5 can rob in the Active City (only Levels 1-3 can rob in inactive cities)
- Higher robbery profits - players rob more from stores, banks, and casinos in the Active City
- Higher maximum wanted values - cops get more money for arrests
- Drugs can be sold for $450 per gram in the Active City ($350/g in inactive cities)
- Fish caught in the Active City are bigger than those caught in inactive cities
- Refuelling your vehicle at gas stations is cheaper in the Active City
Every 4th game-week the entire map will open up as the "Active City" again. The rotation works like this:
- Week 1: Las Venturas
- Week 2: San Fierro
- Week 3: Los Santos
- Week 4: Whole map
We will be monitoring this feature over time, to see how we can tweak it and what new things we could add to work with it!
CHAINSAW VOTE RESULTS
We've all been waiting for it and we probably all already know the answer - the chainsaw is GONE! Donating players are given access to vote on script changes, and as per our most recent poll, the majority of players voted to remove the chainsaw.
We've also implemented some small suggestions from the forum.
- Added the quickstring "$bal" to show a player's total money (hand + bank + house banks + biz banks)
- Increased the time limit to re-attach a long haul trailer that has detached. Was 30 seconds, now 60 seconds
- Added a bunch of new car spawns around the map (particularly around LSPD as they were lacking)
This is the first of many new updates we have planned for the rest of the year, we are super excited to work on this stuff and see where it takes us, and we'd love if you guys would work with us by always giving us feedback, keep coming up with awesome suggestions (doesn't matter if they're small features or huge game-changing ideas - we'd love to hear them ALL!), and most importantly keep playing and keep being active!
Let us know what you think of this update in the comments!
Happy gaming, and long live SACNR!
<3 Jamie & Potassium